How to grow your MailChimp subscribers and Newsletters lists
Posted by: Moe Assafiri
Category: Brand development
Let’s face it; growing your email list is a tedious task. It takes time, effort and promotions, let’s go through some of the most effective ways of growing your mailing lists without breaking the bank and without a huge time investment.
Office 365 + Zapier
Office 365: From $17 per month
Zapier: Free for less than 5 Tasks
Zapier is a cloud based tool that could potentially save you hours of repetitive data entry work a week. It works by connecting multiple cloud based services, such as Accounting software (eg Xero), Office 365, and Mailchimp just to name a few of their 400 (and growing) app database. To get Zapier to work, you need to create a Zap, so let’s create on that will really boost your mailing lists.
- Firstly, let’s log in to Zapier, if you don’t have an account, you can register for free.
- Up the very top, Click Make a Zap (big orange button)
Adding Office 365
- In the Search Bar, enter “Office 365” – you will need to log in with your Office 365 Account and allow access to the Zapier App
- When asked to Choose a Trigger, Select New Contact
- Next, Zapier will ask you to test your connection, it will get the most recent Email or Contact.
Note: It’s important that you have at least one recently added contact. If you’ve setup your iPhone to work with Exchange, your phone will add your contacts to Office 365 automatically.
- In the Action Section, search for MailChimp
- Connect your MailChimp account by logging into MailChimp and allowing Zapier to connect
- Zapier will confirm that it can connect with your account. Make sure you have at least one list created on your MailChimp dashboard
- Zapier will ask you to setup a Template.
Here you will select the list you’d like to subscribe to, as well as the source of the email address and contact name. On the right had side of the email field, you’ll find a dropdown button that allows you to extract data from Step one.
Side note: This is a key element to how Zapier works, and it makes the tool extremely powerful.
- Finally, Zapier will test the step and you should only continue if the test is successful
- Finally, turn your Zap ON and you’re done
This is just one of the many ways to increase your mailing list.
Stay tuned as we explore more and more ways to increase your mailing lists, we’ll be adding more to this list, in the meantime, comment below and share your thoughts!